Deputy Speaker Anita Among outline 50 Achievements of President Museveni
On 27th October 2021, our field team met the Deputy Speaker of Pariament of Uganda the Rt Hon Anita Among Annet and took us through the historical mission of President Museveni and the NRM and listed 50 achievements achieved by President Museveni.
Uganda has achieved a lot under President Museveni and the achievements are many that we can exhaust them today-Anita Among stated.
Here below are some of the achievements of President Museveni outlined by Rt Hon Anita Among.
- In 1982 President Museveni waged a protracted Liberation Struggle which culminated into Liberation of Uganda from Tyrannical Regimes on 26th January 1986. Thanks to the fighters of the National Resistance Army (NRA).
- President Museveni helped to establish a strong foundation to achieve total transformation of Uganda. The period from 1962-1985 had erased the rule of law and constitutionalism in Uganda. President Museveni has been able to restore the rule of law and constitutionalism in Uganda.
- President Museveni has been able to maintain total peace and stability throughout Uganda and he has been working for total annihilation of all subversive groups which can hinder total transformation of Uganda.
- The New Durable Constitution for Uganda. President Museveni organized and mobilized the people of Uganda who elected the Constituency Assembly Delegates (CA) who promulgated the Constitution of Uganda and came into force in 1995. President Museveni spearheaded the promulgation and enactment of the new Constitution for Uganda in 1995 which is the basis for social economic transformation of Uganda. Uganda now boasts of a durable, formidable and popular constitution.
- President Museveni has been successful to draw Ugandans into civilized politics more than ever before.President Museveni is a very tolerant man.
- President Museveni has been able to enfranchise all Ugandans, empowered Ugandans at all levels and he has succeeded in building a robust and vibrant grassroots based democratic culture.
- President Museveni as succeeded in eliminating sectarianism from Uganda Body politics and he has successfully relegated ethnicity based political association to a bygone era.
- President Museveni is the first Leader of Uganda to bring about a real measure of freedom of expression, freedom of association, freedom of worship, a free press and the right of political association without persecution.
- President Museveni restored the vote of disenfranchised people of Uganda and he has empowered the formally marginalized groups in a special way such as; the women, the youth, People with Disabilities, and the workers. All these groups are now fully represented in parliament and at all levels throughout the country. President Museveni is indeed a Uganda Peace and Development Champion.
- President Museveni reintroduced the “One Person, One Vote” System and reforms in the electoral process to make voting free and fair.
- President Museveni introduced Regular Free and Fair elections at all levels in Uganda. Presidential, Parliamentary and Local Council elections are held regularly where Ugandans freely participate and elect their own leaders.
- Museveni supported the introduction and implementation of photographic registers to eliminate multiple registrations and vote rigging.
- President Museveni supported the introduction and adoption of Affirmative Action Policy and he has been at the forefront of supporting it .He has continued to support women,youth,PWDs,workers and the elderly to participate in policy and decision making process at all levels. Affirmative Action is promoted in all organs of NRM Party and in the Government of Uganda.
- E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni is credited for building a National Peoples centred Army called the Uganda People’s Defense Forces (UPDF).Uganda had never had a national Army of its own. Today Uganda has a National Army as a result of the work and aspirations of H.E Yoweri kaguta Museveni. This truly explains why Ugandans in different parts of Uganda voted Museveni to be declared a Ugandan Peace and Development Champion.
- President Museveni as ensured effective management of the National Security and Defense and indeed we notice improved Civil-Military relations since 1986 when NRA Captured State Power.
- President Yoweri Museveni directed Ministry of Defense to pursue the pre-financing option for construction of the 30,000 houses for Officers and Men of UPDF.
- In pursuit of Strengthening Internal and External Security, President Museveni directed the pre-financing option for construction of Internal Security Organization (ISO) and External Security Organization (ESO). Headquarters.
- President Museveni directed ministry of Defense and Veterans Affairs to Organize Veterans to beneﬁt from Operation Wealth creation and to engage in income generating activities as Government approved payment of the shs 536bn pension and gratuity arrears.
- President Museveni directed the Construction of the National Military Referral Hospital (NMRH) in a phased manner.Construction works of a 250-bed Military Referral Hospital at lower Mbuya is ongoing. The OPD, Main theatre/maternity and Intensive Care Unit (ICU) ﬁrst ﬂoors are being cast. Foundations of the main Laboratory, Pharmacy, emergency, radiology blocks and Oﬃcers ward foundation have been completed. Generally, progress is at 50%. The Military Referral Hospital include specialized units of Heart and Cancer Treatment Units.
- President Museveni as spearheaded the campaign for the construction of barracks to provide a conducive and habitable living environment for the personnels as part of the welfare improvement programme in the UPDF and UPF. Temporary structures in barracks are gradually being replaced with permanent ones. This includes developing and rehabilitating other welfare facilities such as health, education and sports infrastructure in every barracks in Uganda. This has helped improve the living conditions of soldiers and their families. Consequently, the morale of soldiers to serve has been enhanced over time.
- President Museveni directed and supported the Provision of Housing accommodation to the men in Uniform of the Uganda Peoples Defense Forces and Uganda Police. The Ministry of defense henceforth embarked on a 30,000 housing project to address the issue of provision of housing accommodation.
- President Museveni directed to Move the Air force from Entebbe to Nakasongola as part of the effort to build a national and modern Air force capable of defending Uganda at any time. Thanks President Museveni for the guidance to Secure and undertake major repairs at Nakasongola Airbase runway. The runway is now operational with ﬂights of Sukhoi and other light Air crafts, Two (2) hangars at Nakasongola were constructed and 01 is undergoing construction, Constructed aircraft maintenance workshops, Posted 60 ground support staff, Constructed and renovated 02 blocks of ﬂats for Air force staff, Installed and commissioned Air Defence Radars.
- President Museveni as supported all progressive initiatives in UPDF to ensure that the force keep pace with global trends in science, technology and innovation. Therefore the Defence Research, Science and Technology Centre (DRSTC) at Lugazi and the Avionics Research Centre at Nakasongola are being developed into centres of excellence for collaborative research with the private sector, universities and other agencies from within Uganda and abroad. UPDF has continued to undertake Research and Development at Lugazi, Nakasongola (NEC) and under Technical Information and Services Unit (TISU).
- The President strengthened The Internal and External Security of the Uganda by enhancing information collection and analysis capabilities. He guided to institute measures including advanced detection techniques and appropriate technologies to deter and curtail terrorists and other hostile activities against the Uganda. In the endeavor to create and maintain a secure, peaceful and stable environment, the sector has continuously engaged in a number of activities to curtail security threats. The security forces have therefore continued to enhance the capability and capacity of intelligence through eﬃcient information collection measures. As a result, pre-emptive actions against terrorism, insurgencies and other forms of organized crime as well as Espionage were undertaken.
- President Museveni directed and supported the establishment of the Directorate of Veteran Affairs to speciﬁcally handle matters of Veteran Affairs. Administratively, matters of veterans have since shifted from the Oﬃce of the Prime Minister to the Ministry of Defence and Veteran Affairs. The process of resettlement of arrears is ongoing. Veriﬁcation process of the beneﬁciaries is ongoing to ascertain the actual beneﬁciaries. 10,000 ﬁles are ready for payment. The Ministry is engaging MoFPED for extra funding. Thanks to President Yoweri Kaguta Museveni.
- President Museveni directed the Ministry of Defense and Veterans Affairs to create income generating projects for soldiers’ spouses. The Ministry established agricultural and cottage industries to beneﬁt a wider range of spouses. The activities include- weaving of sweaters, soap making, apiary, G.nut paste making, crafts making, baking and nursery coffee gardens. The Ministry has continued to invest in skills development to empower spouses for economic self-reliance to increase household incomes. Village Savings and Loans associations have been formed among different Spouses groups in Barracks to provide soft loans for income generating activities.
- Under the command of President Museveni, the defense sector has focused on Human Capital Development consistently through enlistment, focusing on career development and deploying of officers and militants in operational and non- operational areas. A number of troops have been recruited over years to augment the UPDF and enhance capability in terms of numbers.
- With the command of H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, The ministry of Defense has continued to professionalize and modernize the defense and security forces. This has been done through acquiring, refurbishing and maintaining equipment for land, air and This has enhanced the security forces’ capability to respond to threats on time. Classified expenditure has continued as priority on MoDVA’s budget. Consequently UPDF capacity and capability have continued to grow and meets the current needs to sustain Peace and security.
- President Museveni has promoted continuous Training and Retraining of officers and militants of the UGANDA People’s Defense Forces (UPDF) and therefore The Ministry of defense is under strict presidential directives to train and retrain the Force in relevant courses for skills development and knowledge acquisition. This has been geared towards professionalizing and modernizing the army in addition to making the UPDF thrive at the national, regional and global Trainings have been undertaken both locally and internationally with joint exercises to test readiness for peace support operations and improve regional response in dealing with global and national security threats over the years.
- President Museveni has been at the front of Promoting production for wealth creation and self-sustainability and this concept has been actualized by the UPDF and Ministry of Defense. The Ministry of Defense has been engaging in production activities under National Enterprise Corporation (NEC). NEC has a number of subsidiaries including NEC Katonga farm, NEC Tractors, Luweero Industries, NEC Construction, Works and Engineering Ltd, NEC Hire Tractor scheme and NEC Uzima. All these have been established over a period of time since 2016.
- Intelligence and Counter Intelligence. President Museveni is credited for creating and maintaining a secure, peaceful and stable environment and the Government through Ministry of Defense has continuously engaged in a number of activities to curtail security threats. The security forces in ISO, ESO and CMI have therefore continued to enhance the capability and capacity of intelligence through efficient information collection measures. As a result, pre-emptive actions against terrorism, insurgencies and other forms of organized crime as well as Espionage were undertaken.
- To ensure Law and order allover Uganda, President Museveni directed Ministry of Internal Affairs to increase Police staff strength from an original 44,601 personnel to 47,000 personnel to fight crime on addition to maintaining law and order. There are the new 5,000 recruits who are undertaking training at the Police Training School in Kabalye.
- President Museveni directed Ministry of Internal Affairs to promote specialized career Development in Uganda Police Force. The Ministry of Internal Affairs therefore conducted specialized and career development courses for over 10,000 personnels in various disciplines including Executive leadership, Strategic Command and Leadership programs, Non Commissioned Officers Course, Advanced trainings in Criminal Investigations, Forensics, Canine, Marine, Fire, Field Force Unit, Counter Terror, Medical, Air wing).Thank you President Museveni.
- The NRM Government under the leadership of President Museveni established a Police Command and Staff College at Bwebajja along Entebbe road for continued professional staff development.
- From 2016, The Government of Uganda acquired more Vehicles and motorcycles for the Police Force. The Uganda Police Force fleet has increased from 7,410 to 9,226 fleets (1,228 General purpose vehicles, 186 specialized vehicles, 19 construction equipment, 7,736 motor cycles, 53 marine vessels 3 helicopters and 01 fixed wing aircraft).
- President Museveni directed Ministry of Internal Affairs to strengthen the Uganda police Force Canine Services Department. The Ministry of Internal Affairs has increased the number of Police Districts with Canine services from 50 in FY 2015/16 to 71 in FY 2018/19.Consequently, the number of suspects arrested using canines have increased from 5,508 to 7,203 in 2019.
- The Government of Uganda under the leadership of President Museveni has increased the number of marines detaches in the country from 18 in FY 2015/16 to 26 in FY 2018/19.
- With the guidance of H.E Yoweri Kaguta Museveni, The Ministry of Internal Affairs established a Garment Factory that provides uniforms for Police staff. Fully established the Police Exodus SACCO and Duty free shop for members to be granted simple loans for individual development. Uganda Police members have benefited from government programs such as, NAADS, Operation Wealth Creation, to establish family projects for police spouses to improve family income through growing vegetables, goat and chicken rearing in the various Police barracks.
- With guidance and support of President Museveni, The police to population ratio has improved from 1:941 to 1:845.The Ministry of Internal Affairs increased police presence in the country with police presence in every sub county countrywide. Case Workload reduced per Police detective from 57.5 (2015) to 50.2 (2019).
- President Museveni is committed to ensure decent housing to police members. As of now 420 staff housing at Naguru are nearly complete and plastering of walls and fixtures being done. The NRM Government has constructed 25 Police staff houses at Kole, Ngora, Sironko, Bulambuli and Budaka.
- President Museveni has continued to ensure that there is Law and Order in all districts of Uganda. The NRM Government has constructed 24 Police stations in: Kabale, Nakaseke, Mitooma, Ibanda, Isingiro, Kyenjojo, Kyotera, Bududa, Paidha, Pakwach, Nwoya, Rubirizi, Wakiso, Kayunga, Luuka, Namutumba, Serere, Sironko, Omoro, Budaka, Lyantonde, Natete, Kiruhura and Mityana; Uganda Police Authority completed a motor vehicle maintenance centre in Namanve and now expanding to Soroti and Mbarara regional workshops.
- President Museveni has been at the forefront of Promoting Acquisition and installation of CCTV Cameras to help in fighting crime in Uganda. The Uganda Police commissioned the CCTV National Command Center at Naguru whose network is linked to 18 divisional centres and 83 police stations. CCTV monitoring Center was established at Nateete Police Station. The Uganda Police Force acquired an Automated Fingerprint Information System (AFIS), Criminal Databases including a Criminal Automated Biometric Identification System (CABIS) and other assorted DNA equipment to assist in the criminal investigations. Furthermore, the NRM Government established an ICT Research and Innovation center in Kikandwa for in-house development of applications.
- The Uganda Prisons Services built a Mini-Max Security Prison at Kitalya to accommodate 2,000 inmates (7,200 sq metres). This is part of President Museveni’s effort to ensure quality Life for prisoners. Museveni has persistently asserted that prisoners have rights to decent accommodation, education and Food.
- The NRM Government under the good Leadership of President Museveni introduced Universal Primary Education (UPE) to enable all Ugandan Children Access Education. This has helped in reducing illiteracy and Poverty in Uganda.
- Because of the wise and transformational leadership of President Museveni, enrollment in Universities in Uganda as increased from 6500 students in 1986 to now 150,000 University Students enrolment in 2020.
- President Museveni introduced Universal Secondary Education (USE) in 2007 a great policy that has enabled millions of Uganda Children to study and attain Uganda Certificates of Education and Uganda Advanced Certificates of Education (UACE).
- Thanks to President Museveni for the commitment that has led to increase in the number of teachers from 10,145 in 1995 to now 270,000 Teachers in both Primary and Secondary Schools.
- Museveni has expanded University Education in the Qualitative and Quantitative Manner. President Museveni has supported establishment of Universities in all regions of Uganda from One University in 1986 to now over 50 Universities in Uganda.
- President Museveni led the National campaign to fight HIV/AIDS in Uganda. He traversed the whole country telling people to Abstain from Sex for those who were not married, Advocated for Being Faithful among spouses, and he promoted the use of Condoms for those who could neither Abstain or be Faithful. This approach known as ABC helped to reduce AIDS Prevalence from 30% in 1990s to 4% in 1999.
- Museveni introduced and he has continued to promote and support “Mother to Child Transmission Services” in all Districts of Uganda. This has helped to prevent Ugandan Children to be born with AIDS.
- Here are the top 46 most powerful personalities working very closely with President Museveni.
- The Certified Best 20 Hotels in Uganda 2021
- Who is Lawyer Dr. Alan S. Shonubi (SC) the recipient of the Economic Development Mark of Excellence for the month of October 2021?
- 5 Reasons Women Don’t Enjoy Sex — and How to Overcome Them
- Causes and Best Natural Remedy for Weak Erection, and Premature Ejaculation
- Here are the top 46 most powerful personalities working very closely with President Museveni.
- Facts & Figures: The 11 Greatest Economic Achievements of President Museveni as economy expanded to UGX128 trillion.
- Here are the 13 tangible Achievements of President Museveni
- Reasons why Museveni has been declared the Great Lakes Region Peace Champion as Italy builds Momentum to ensure Responsible Investment in Uganda
Find us at
Buyinza Group LTD
5th Floor, Room 7
Opposite city Hall KCCA
Kimathi Avenue Kampala
Call 0708737418/+256 782 479124 for Delivery at your own cost
SHOP M55,NEAR MELAIN PHARMACY
PARK ENKADDE MALL
OLD TAXI PARK
CALL 0706614650 Strictly for Delivery at your own cost in ant part of Uganda.
AKWATA EMPOLA SHOP
Opposite U-SAVE SUPER MARKET
Call 0755 191338 for Delivery around KIWATULE,Kira,Najjera,Nalya,Namugongo,Kyanja,Kyaliwajara,Ntinda,etc.
Extura Natural Tea-The Source of Happiness
Send your profile and half colored photo to firstname.lastname@example.org to be published and Disseminated. You can also call or send us a whatsapp message on +256774992426