The Taliban’s supreme leader, Maulvi Haibatullah Akhundzada, himself proposed Mullah Hasan’s name to head the caretaker government.
The Taliban has appointed Mullah Mohammad Hasan Akhund as the ‘acting’ Prime Minister in the new Afghan government, with Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar and Mullah Abdus Salam being his deputies.
Mullah Hasan is presently head of the Taliban’s powerful decision-making body—Rehbari Shura or leadership council— which serves much like a government Cabinet running all the group’s affairs subject to the approval of the top leader.
The supreme leader, Maulvi Haibatullah Akhundzada, himself proposed Mullah Hasan’s name to head the government, adding that the issues within ranks of the Taliban regarding the formation of the government have been resolved.
Mullah Hasan belongs to Kandahar, the birthplace of the Taliban, and was among the founders of the armed movement. He worked for 20 years as head of Rehbari Shura and remained close to Mullah Hebatullah. He had served as foreign minister and deputy prime minister during the Taliban’s previous government in Afghanistan from 1996 to 2001.
However, it is not clear what role in the government would be played by Akhundzada. He has not been seen or heard in public since the collapse of the Western-backed government and the seizure of Kabul by the Taliban last month.
Meanwhile, Mulla Yaqoob, son of the Taliban founder Mullah Mohammad Omar, will be the new defence minister. Yaqoob was a student of Mullah Hebatullah, who had earlier appointed him as head of the powerful military commission of the Taliban.
Sirajuddin Haqqani, the head of the notorious Haqqani network and son of the famous anti-Soviet warlord Jalaluddin Haqqani, will get the portfolio of interior minister, while Mullah Ameer Khan Muttaqi will be the new foreign minister, according to the Taliban sources. Sirajuddin Haqqani is a specially designated global terrorist.
THE TALIBAN CABINET OF THE ISLAMIC EMIRATE OF AFGHANISATAN
- Rt Hon Hasan Akhund
Acting’ Prime Minister of the Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan
- Mullah Abdul Ghani Baradar
Deputy Prime Minister
- Mullah Abdus Salam
Deputy Prime Minister
- Amir Khan Muttaqi
- Abas Stanikzai
Acting deputy Foreign Minister
- Mullah Yaqoob
- Sarajuddin Haqqani
- Amir Khan Muttaqi
- Acting Minister of Economy: Qari Din Hanif
- Acting Minister for Hajj amd Religious Affairs: Mawlawi Noor Mohammad Saqib
- Acting Minister of Justice: Mawlawi Abdul Hakim Sharie
- Acting Minister of Borders and Tribal Affairs: Mullah Noorullah Noori
- Acting Minister of Rural Rehabilitation and Development: Mullah Mohammad Younus Akhundzada
- Acting Minister of Public Work: Mullah Abdul Manan Omari
- Acting Minister of Mines and Petroleum: Mullah Mohammad Esa Akhund
- Acting Minister of Water and Energy: Mullah Abdul Latif Mansoor
- Acting Minister of Civil Aviation and Transport: Mullah Hamidullah Akhundzada
- Acting Minister of Higher Education: Abdul Baqi Haqqani
- Acting Minister of Telecommunication: Najibullah Haqqani
- Acting Minister of Refugees: Khalilurahman Haqqani
- Acting Director of Intelligence: Abdul Haq Wasiq
- Acting Director of the Central Bank: Haji Mohammad Idris
Acting Director of the Administrative Office of the President: Ahmad Jan Ahmady
- Here are the top 46 most powerful personalities working very closely with President Museveni.
- The Certified Best 20 Hotels in Uganda 2021
- Gen Paul Lokech you brutally arrested me, you Refused to Renew License of my Gun, You kidnapped my Guards but I have forgiven you-Hon Odonga Otto
- Kenyatta Picks Military Team to Oversee 2022 Power Transition
- 5 Reasons Women Don’t Enjoy Sex — and How to Overcome Them
Taliban had earlier offered “amnesty” across Afghanistan and urged women to join its government. In his first news conference, Zabihullah Mujahid had promised the Taliban would honor women’s rights, but within the norms of Islamic law. He said the group wanted private media to “remain independent,” but stressed journalists “should not work against national values.”
Enamullah Samangani, a member of the Taliban’s cultural commission, had said, “The Islamic Emirate of Afghanistan is ready to provide women with environment to work and study, and the presence of women in different (government) structures according to Islamic law and in accordance with our cultural values.
Find us at
Buyinza Group LTD
5th Floor, Room 7
Opposite city Hall KCCA
Kimathi Avenue Kampala
Call 0708737418/+256 782 479124 for Delivery at your own cost
SHOP M55,NEAR MELAIN PHARMACY
PARK ENKADDE MALL
OLD TAXI PARK
CALL 0706614650 Strictly for Delivery at your own cost in ant part of Uganda.
AKWATA EMPOLA SHOP
Opposite U-SAVE SUPER MARKET
Call 0755 191338 for Delivery around KIWATULE,Kira,Najjera,Nalya,Namugongo,Kyanja,Kyaliwajara,Ntinda,etc.
Extura Natural Tea-The Source of Happiness
Send your profile and half colored photo to email@example.com to be published and Disseminated. You can also call or send us a whatsapp message on +256774992426